Brazed plate heat exchangers
WCR UK provides expert maintenance, parts and new brazed heat exchangers for all industries and applications to ensure your industrial process runs as efficiently as possible.
Experts in brazed plate heat exchanger sales, repair and service
Are you looking for a more efficient way to transfer heat energy in your industrial process?
Industrial brazed plate heat exchangers are an efficient way to transfer heat energy between two different mediums. They are used in various industries and applications, and WCR UK is an expert in providing maintenance, parts and new brazed heat exchangers for all types of industries and applications.
With over 20 years of experience in the heat exchanger field, you can trust WCR UK to provide you with the best-brazed plate heat exchanger sales, repair and service available.
Why choose WCR UK for brazed heat exchangers
WCR UK is the leading provider of brazed heat exchangers in the UK. We have over 20 years of experience in the heat exchanger field, and our team of experts are dedicated to providing you with the best possible service.
We offer a wide range of services, including:
- Maintenance and repair of brazed heat exchangers
- Spare parts and accessories for brazed plate heat exchangers
- New brazed heat exchangers
- Installation and commissioning of brazed heat exchangers
Contact us today to learn more about our brazed heat exchanger products and services.
Why choose a brazed plate heat exchanger in your industrial process?
Brazed heat exchangers are a great choice for industrial processes because they have a small footprint, have high thermal efficiency, and have high pressure and temperature ratings. Additionally, they are fully sealed, which makes them ideal for applications where contamination is a concern.
Brazed heat exchangers are smaller than most conventional heat exchangers. This is because there are no gaskets or other seals between the plates, which reduces the unit’s overall size.
Brazed plate exchangers also have much higher thermal efficiency than their counterparts, meaning they can transfer more heat with less energy.
Brazed heat exchangers have robust construction and high pressure and temperature ratings.
They can withstand pressures up to 30 bar and high temperatures up to 200°C. This makes them suitable for many applications and uses in various industrial processes.
Brazed heat exchangers have many advantages and are a great option if you’re looking for an efficient and durable heat exchanger with a small footprint.
Advantages of brazed heat exchangers
- Low purchase price compared to an equivalent gasket plate heat exchanger or shell and tube type unit.
- Compact design – the design saves you space, energy and maintenance costs.
- High thermal efficiency
- High pressure and temperature ratings
- Fully sealed and robust construction with good corrosion resistance
What is a brazed plate heat exchanger?
A brazed plate heat exchanger is a type of heat exchanger that uses metal plates to transfer heat between two fluids. The plates are arranged in a series of parallel plates, and the two fluids flow through the spaces between the plates.
A brazed plate heat exchanger works on the same principle as conventional plate heat exchangers but consists of a pack of corrugated plates joined together and sealed by furnace brazing.
Brazed heat exchangers are designed without a gasket making them less prone to leakages and repairs – almost every part is used to transfer heat, increasing efficiency & performance.
Brazed heat exchangers are commonly used for heat transfer and recovery in specific applications such as;
- Boiler separation plates
- Water heating
- Swimming pools heating
- Solar heating systems
- Heat pump installations
- Refrigerant evaporators & condensers
- Compressed air coolers
What’s the difference between brazed and gasketed heat exchangers?
There are two main types of plate heat exchangers: gasketed and brazed.
Gasketed heat exchangers have a gasket between each plate, while brazed plate heat exchangers are sealed with a metal band or braze material.
Brazed heat exchangers are more compact than gasketed plate heat exchangers because they don’t have gaskets between the plates.
Brazed plate heat exchangers have higher thermal efficiency because there is less metal-to-metal contact between the plates.
Brazed heat exchangers are more durable and can withstand higher pressures and temperatures than gasketed plate heat exchangers.
What materials are brazed heat exchangers made of?
The plates are generally manufactured in stainless steel with either copper (standard) or nickel brazing (for swimming pools / more aggressive applications).
Nickel brazing is used in specialised applications where copper is not suitable such as:
- Swimming Pools
- Laser Cooling
- De-ionised water
- Ammonia systems
- Corrosive liquids
- Methanol gas condensing
- Silicone oils
Brazed plate heat exchanger manufacturers
If you’re in the market for a brazed plate heat exchanger, you’ll want to make sure you buy from a reputable manufacturer.
Below are five of the best-brazed plate heat exchanger manufacturers in the UK.
- Alfa Laval is a Swedish company that has made products, including brazed heat exchangers, since 1883. Alfa Laval copper-brazed plate heat exchangers are a compact, efficient, and maintenance-free solution and ideal for heating, cooling, evaporation, and condensing in numerous applications. Each unit is designed for duty optimisation, with a range of unique features that ensure superior thermal performance and maximum reliability. This enables the longest possible service life – even under extremely high design pressures.
- Danfoss/Sondex is a Danish company known for its Passion for innovative customer solutions and has been making brazed heat exchangers since the 1930s. Danfoss brazed plate heat exchangers can be used to create a compact and flexible solution that is perfect for high-pressure or extreme-temperature applications. This will help keep your operational costs low and your performance high. The gasket-free brazed plate heat exchangers are optimal choices, even if your system has large temperature swings or varying or constant pressure.
- Kelvion (formerly GEA) is a German company that has been making brazed plate heat exchangers since the 1920s. Their brazed heat exchangers are known for their high quality and durability. Kelvion brazed plate heat exchangers offer customized solutions for various applications. Kelvion can put together an individual heat exchanger for you within a very short time. The latest technology and decades of experience in successful applications guarantee the highest quality, cost efficiency and reliability.
- Vicarb is a French company that has been making brazed heat exchangers since the 1930s. Vicarb brazed plate heat exchangers are suitable for various industries, including HVAC, refrigeration, food & beverage, pharmaceutical, and more. Vicarb brazed plate heat exchangers are compact and efficient, making them a great choice for many applications.
- SWEP is a Swedish company that has been making brazed heat exchangers since the 1970s. SWEP brazed heat exchangers are available in various sizes and capacities. This makes them perfect for use in many different industries and applications.