Plate Heat Exchanger Cleaning Services
Restore your heat exchange system and equipment with WCR UK's plate and frame heat exchanger cleaning services.
Heat Exchanger Cleaning is Crucial for Process Performance
Plate Heat exchangers and their efficiency are critical in many industries and processes. Over time, plate heat exchangers become fouled by contaminants, leading to a loss in efficiency and increased maintenance costs.
At WCR UK, we invented the heat exchanger cleaning process that other companies imitated.
We built our reputation by utilising select cleansing methods for different applications, using the most advanced equipment on the market to remove all contaminants from your heat exchange system, and returning the heat exchanger to optimal performance.
Plate Heat Exchanger Cleaning Process
Heat exchanger maintenance and plate cleaning can be done in various tried and tested ways, including;
Mechanical cleaning – Mechanical cleaning (on-site or off-site) can be done with a soft brush with synthetic bristles, not steel bristles, and running water, often using high-pressure water jetting, with care to not damage anything.
Chemical cleaning – this process includes specially developed non-toxic cleaning chemicals, including nitric acid that safeguard gasket, glue and heat transfer surfaces (never use hydrochloric acid).
Clean-In-Place (CIP) – CIP on-site cleaning enables quick and easy inline cleaning without totally dismantling and removing the heat exchanger equipment.
Stay Ahead With Regular Inspection
Regular inspection and testing are essential for maintaining and keeping your equipment running optimally and maintaining heat transfer efficiency. At WCR UK, we offer a comprehensive range of inspection and testing services, including dye penetrant, ultrasonic, and pressure testing.
Why Do Plate Heat Exchangers Need Cleaning?
Plate and Frame Heat Exchangers need to be cleaned for several reasons, the main one being to prevent fouling in equipment such as a boiler of heater.
Fouling is the accumulation of unwanted material on plate and frame heat transfer surfaces, degrading heat exchanger performance and leading to increased costs or production loss.
Common Causes of Fouling Include:
- Debris – remove loose debris like small pieces of dirt, grit or other materials that can become lodged in the heat exchanger and block the flow
- Scale – scale can build up on heat exchanger plates and impede heat transfer. It is removed either by manual or chemical descaling.
- Rust – as metal corrodes, it can flake off and cause heat exchanger fouling.
- Particulate fouling, increasing the flow velocity, may eliminate fouling.
- Product or chemical deposits on heat-transfer surfaces weaken an exchanger’s temperature transfer.
- Biological fouling.
What is Involved in Cleaning a Plate Heat Exchanger?
We use the latest technology and equipment to clean your Plate heat exchangers quickly, effectively and with minimal disruption.
Our methods are safe for all heat exchangers, including those with delicate materials such as aluminium.
We also offer a clean-in-place (CIP) service, enabling quick and easy inline cleaning without having to remove the equipment from the site.
Our cleaning process leaves your plates ready for regasketing and installing into the heat exchanger frame.
Tips to Prevent Fouling
There are many ways you can reduce or prevent fouling in your equipment including:
- Keeping the heat exchangers clean may seem obvious, but ensuring they are cleaned regularly with a brush will help prevent fouling and reduce the need for descaling.
- Installing pre-filters before the heat exchanger can help to remove particulates that could cause fouling.
- Using corrosion-resistant materials.
- Monitoring and controlling the temperature and pH level of the fluid going into the heat exchanger.
- Adding disinfectants to the fluid going into the heat exchanger can help to prevent biological fouling.
- Regularly checking and cleaning the heat exchanger’s cooling water system.
Heat Exchanger Cleaning Service Near You
If you are looking for a reliable and professional heat exchanger cleaning service for brands such as APV and Alfa Laval , look no further than WCR UK. Our team of experienced engineers and technicians provides comprehensive cleaning solutions for all types and sizes of plate heat exchangers.
We serve the whole of the UK, from dairy farms in the south west to energy and petrol and chemical industry in the north east of Scotland.
We use our own advanced cleaning techniques and equipment to remove scale, deposits, and other contaminants from your heat exchanger, ensuring peak performance and efficiency.
Don’t let a fouled and dirty heat exchanger compromise your business operations. Contact WCR UK today to learn more about our plate heat exchanger cleaning services and plate heat exchanger repair solutions and schedule an appointment with our team.
Trusted for Plate Heat Exchanger Service and Support
At WCR UK, we work with all kinds of industries and processes, large and small in industries such as Energy and Power, Petrol and Chemical, Food and Beverage and Marine. Our clients include the NHS, MOD, Carlsberg and many more.